Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Oscars

Hello friends!

Since we are such an entertaining blog, we couldn't leave the Oscar Awards out of it, right?

So, lets see who won the desired little statue...


Best Picture

The Hurt Locker
Kathryn Bigelow, Mark Boal, Nicolas Chartier and Greg Shapiro

Photobucket

Scuttlebutt: Personally, I think that Avatar was better... Don't shoot people. I'm expressing my opinion. It was one of the most amazing, breathtaking movies I've seen the last years! I was 100% sure it would win the Oscar but the Academy had a different opinion it seems...

Prattle: I didn't see this or Avatar..yet.. And I don't know what I think about a movie that is mostly CGI placing for best picture. To me "Best Picture" represents something that has moved you or made you think, so I'm ok with "The Hurt Locker" winning.

Scuttlebutt: There might be a lot of CGI Mrs. Prattle but that doesn't mean the actors aren't acting or there is no scenario. If you see Avatar, it will "move" you and fascinate you. Take my word on it.

Scuttlebutt: Of course I think it will be good! I don't think James Cameron would put out something that is not incredible! I'm just not convinced that it is "Best Picture" worthy..I very well could change my mind once I see it, who knows!

Prattle: Watch it and lemme know. *giggles at pic that follows*

Ben Stiller presenting as a Na'vi! *grins*

Photobucket


Actor in a Leading Role

Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart

Scuttlebutt: After 4 Oscar nominations, he finally did it! Wooohoo! I love Jeff Bridges! I love him since... Forever! He's a great actor and I think he was worth it!

Prattle: *nods head* I agree with you Dear Scuttle, it was his time to win!

Photobucket


Actor in a Supporting Role

Christoph Waltz in Inglourious Basterds

Prattle: This was an excellent movie I thought! I loved his character, he played it very very well...I think the award was deserved!

Scuttlebutt: I haven't seen that one too! Is on my "must see" list already!

Photobucket


Actress in a Leading Role

Sandra Bullock in The Blind Side

Scuttlebutt: You go girl!! Love love love Sandra Bullock! First Oscar nomination!! First Oscar award! I'm expecting more to come!

Prattle: I just love her.. Her speech made me cry with her! I think she is one of the ultimate actresses of our time.

Photobucket


Actress in a Supporting Role

Mo'Nique in Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire

Scuttlebutt: I have to see that movie... Sheesh.. I loved all the other nominees in this category too... Maggie Gillenhall, Penelope Cruz, Vera Farmiga and Anna Kendrick.

Prattle: From what I've seen of her performance, this was one that was also very deserved.. I can't wait to see it, but it will break my heart to watch I'm sure.

Scuttlebutt: Yeah, mine too. Must be a heart drenching movie.. *sigh*


Animated Feature Film

Up
Pete Docter

Scuttlebutt: The Princess and the frog was great too (also nmominated) but Up had it all :)

Prattle: I want to see it! The mini Prattle's have seen it and really liked it!

Photobucket


Art Direction

Avatar
Rick Carter and Robert Stromberg (Art Direction); Kim Sinclair (Set Decoration)

Prattle: Well duh on this one! I expected Avatar here..


Cinematography

Avatar
Mauro Fiore


Costume Design

The Young Victoria
Sandy Powell

Prattle: Loved those costumes, I like period movies anyway.

Scuttlebutt: You're gonna love those too... *grins* Lookie here...

Photobucket


Directing

The Hurt Locker
Kathryn Bigelow

Scuttlebutt: Congratulations to Kathryn Bigelow! Wow! Thats a big accomplishment... winning the Directing award between such big names like James Cameron (interesting fact... he and Kathryn were once married *grins*), Quentin Tarantino, Lee Daniels and Jason Reitman.

Prattle: Woot! What was it I heard recently... The more boobs that are pressed against the glass ceiling the quicker it'll break! No longer a boy's only club and that's awesome.

Scuttlebutt: *giggles uncontrollably*

Photobucket


Documentary Feature

The Cove
Louie Psihoyos and Fisher Stevens

Prattle: This looks heartbreaking too..trapping and killing dolphins for their meat.. :(


Documentary Short

Music by Prudence
Roger Ross Williams and Elinor Burkett


Film Editing

The Hurt Locker
Bob Murawski and Chris Innis


Foreign Language Film

The Secret in Their Eyes (El Secreto de Sus Ojos)
Argentina
Directed by Juan Jose Campanella

Photobucket


Makeup

Star Trek
Barney Burman, Mindy Hall and Joel Harlow

Scuttlebutt: *thumbs up* Yep! Worth it!

Prattle: I was confused at first I thought "for pointy ears?" but then remembered all the other characters from the other planets and did the *face palm* thing.. Yes, they did a great job! I want that job.... *grins*


Music (Original Score)

Up
Michael Giacchino


Music (Original Song)

Crazy Heart
"The Weary Kind (Theme from Crazy Heart)"
Music and Lyric by Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett


Short Film (Animated)

Logorama
Nicolas Schmerkin


Short Film (Live Action)

The New Tenants
Joachim Back and Tivi Magnusson

Lookie here! Our little Twilight Saga stars!

Photobucket


Sound Editing

The Hurt Locker
Paul N.J. Ottosson


Sound Mixing

The Hurt Locker
Paul N.J. Ottosson and Ray Beckett


Visual Effects

Avatar
Joe Letteri, Stephen Rosenbaum, Richard Baneham and Andrew R. Jones

Scuttlebutt: Who else could win this? Extraordinary!!

Prattle: *nods head* agreed!

Photobucket


Writing (Adapted Screenplay)

Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire
Screenplay by Geoffrey Fletcher


Writing (Original Screenplay)

The Hurt Locker
Written by Mark Boal

Let us know what YOU think of the Oscars!

Scuttlebutt and Prattle at your services :)

Picture and text source: Oscar.com

1 comment:

Reel said...

I kinda agree with the winners this year. *ducks*

but one thing that stuck out in my mind.....and i couldn't get past it as
jlo's ugly dress....was that a early curtain or draperies or what? coz DAMN girl. *shudders*

I only watch for the fashion anyways. YEA well and the scenery too. *snickers*

Mwaa to you two!