Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fun facts!


Good morning Ms. Scuttlebutt!

I read about some fun facts on OMG Facts and I wanted to share them with you and our readers!

Did you know that...


If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.

Photobucket

Scuttlebutt: Well... not helping!! Should I sneeze or shouldn't I sneeze?? Humm.. How can I control how hard I sneeze? And what if I hold my sneeze back to not sneeze too hard and I rupture a blood vessel?? *panicks* Aaaaaaahhhh!!! *throws hands up in the air and runs away screaming*

Prattle:I would suggest sneezing, much better to fracture a rib than rupture a blood vessel! And as long as you don't have osteoporosis (bone density loss) your ribs should be fine. So get pletny of calcium and sneeze to your hearts content!


You can't kill yourself by holding your breath. You will pass out, and your body will tell you too breathe.

Photobucket

Scuttlebutt: One of the many smart defense mechanisms of the human body! *wink*

Prattle: I used to do this when I was 2...

Scuttlebutt: You used to do what when you were 2??

Prattle: Hold my breath!

Scuttlebutt: *looks at you incredulously* Why???

Prattle: I don't know! I was 2!

Scuttlebutt: LOL! Oh me...

Prattle: Probably wasn't getting my way...


Peter the Great had his wife's lover executed and his head put into a jar of alcohol. She had to keep it in the bedroom.

Scuttlebutt: *shivers* I think she got the point after that.. Huh?

Prattle: I bet she didn't have sex in the bedroom after that, strictly on the couch.


Contrary to popular belief, dogs do not see purely in black and white. They are actually only red-green colorblind. They see colors similar to as humans do during twilight.

Photobucket

Scuttlebutt: Now I see why my doggie loves her pink collar so much! Heh!

Prattle: I like the colors at Twilight too. And the book.

Scuttlebutt: See? Everything Twilight related is good! How did I come to that point now..? Hmm...


Coca-Cola would be green if colouring wasn't added to it.

Scuttlebutt: That would be a fun color to drink! *grins*

Prattle: Well that would explain how it can take the corrosion off of a car battery. My niece did a science experiment with Coke and a tooth. The tooth was gone in 3 weeks. *wiggles "mom" finger* Brush your teeth!


A woman's vagina is cleaner than the human mouth.

Scuttlebutt: You know... any woman could use that as an excuse for... *cough*

Prattle: *innocent eyes* Whatever could you be talking about??


For every person in New Zealand, there are 3 sheep.

Photobucket

Scuttlebutt: Well, you know what they say about New Zealanders *snickers and runs for cover*

Prattle: "baaaa!" that was sheeptalk for "run sheep, run!"

Scuttlebutt: *laughing my fucking ass off*


Thomas Edison was afraid of the dark.

Photobucket

Scuttlebutt: That was a smart invention then! *grins* For those who DON'T know... he practically invented the light bulb! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Edison

Prattle: Me too. I don't like walking into a dark room, I want to turn the light on first.

Scuttlebutt: Well hurray for Thomas Edison then!


Yawning is quite contagious. 55% of people will yawn within 5 minutes following seeing someone else yawn. Thinking, seeing and reading about yawning can all cause you to actually yawn. Just reading this may make you yawn!

Scuttlebutt: *yawns*

Prattle: I don't know about *yawn* that.


It is illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your back pocket in Kentucky. Even though this may seem like a weird law the reason this became a law was because people would do this to steal horses.

Scuttlebutt: Here Dolly!!! Come on girl!

Prattle: Well, that's Kentucky for ya.. *the hoosier giggles*

Scuttlebutt: *looks at you in a idontknowwhatyoumeaniamgreek way*


Female koala bears have two vaginas. Male koala bears have a bifurcated (i.e. forked) penis.

Photobucket

Scuttlebutt: Two vaginas????? Double pleasure then? *grins* That reminds me of Gingers post today. *giggles and points to http://www.gingersnapsinthemorning.com/)

Prattle: WTF???? Wow... *makes note to visit Ginger's post once coffee is in the veins*


When a pig orgasms, it lasts for half an hour.

Scuttlebutt: What if the pig had two vaginas too??? Woah!

Prattle: I've heard this before.. I might go insane!


Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over million descendants.

Scuttlebutt: Seems that we should change the expression from "Doing it like bunnies" to "Doing it like rats". Hehe...

Prattle: good point Dear Scuttle, *nods head* good point...

That's it from our side dear friends :)

Any questions, comments, suggestions?

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Shakes head lol! love the new look. Lmao on the New Zealand sheep must be why there is so many lamb chops he he. Correction my dear friends as mute as it might be. On behalf of my cuddly koala, he says he is not a bear he is a marsupial, there is no bear in his bare behind at all. Although he is very cute and cuddly and loves Eucalyptus he he he. xxx

SECERT CONFESSION'S OF RAYNE said...

I love the new look of the blog sweethearts!!! and the little facts were awesome I love stuff like that!! theresa